Research Associate II
Supports the Translational Biology and R&D group on preclinical projects, with a focus on validating novel immune-oncology therapeutic candidates. As part of this directive, the successful candidate will conduct bench research for various discovery projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with scientists on a regular basis to understand the needs and goals of the projects and help coordinate logistics of the research
- Assists with collection of murine tissue, processing of samples, sample assay and analysis
- Perform flow cytometry-based analysis of tumors and immune cells
- Perform in vitro assays (ELISA, Nanostring, etc, cellular immunology assays)
- Maintain clear and up-to-date notebook records of research objectives, methods and results
- Presents research at R&D group meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant biological discipline
- More than 3 years relevant laboratory experience in an academic or pharmaceutical research setting in cancer immunology
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry and proficiency in FACS data analysis programs desirable
- Experience with cellular immunology assays desirable
- Experience with animal tissue collection
- Cell/Tissue culture experience
- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Works on problems of limited scope following standard practices and procedures to analyze situations or data
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk, or hear in a standard office environment. In a lab setting, occasionally use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the subject line of your email, please enter the exact name of the position for which you’re applying.