Sr. Research Associate I, Clinical Science
Be part of an innovative cancer immunotherapy discovery team. You will interact with the Clinical Science, Clinical Development and R&D groups to support ongoing and future clinical trials.
As part of this directive, you will be involved in processing samples and analyzing biomarker data from clinical trials investigating novel oncology treatments. The successful candidate will have proven laboratory and analytical skills with a desire to learn new techniques and creatively troubleshoot problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with Clinical Science Team Lead, Clinical Science team members and VP of R&D, to understand project goals and coordinate experiments to achieve corporate goals
- Support ongoing and future clinical trials by running immune-based assays on clinical samples including patient blood/PBMCs and tumor tissue:
- Process human blood and tissue samples to prepare them for downstream analyses
- Perform various cell and nucleic acid-based assays (isolating nucleic acids, flow cytometry, ELISpot, etc.) to contribute to biomarker evaluation
- Perform assay development and troubleshooting
- Maintain clear and up-to-date notebook records of research objectives, methods, and results
- Work with outside vendors and collaborators to coordinate shipments of samples.
- Interface with clinical sample database system:
- Maintain electronic files of assay data, storage locations, etc.
- Proficiently use and manipulate M.S. Excel files
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years’ experience in academic or pharmaceutical research.
- The successful candidate must possess:
- Well-versed in lab safety, sterile technique, and basic GLP
- Experience with cell culture, PBMC isolation, and/or nucleic acid extraction
- Willingness to work with human blood and tissue
- Adept use of Microsoft Office applications with proficiency in Excel
- Ability to accept direction from senior group members
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Good organizational skills and be self-motivated; ability to multi-task is a must
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to be flexible with working hours and occasional weekends
- Desirable Skills Include:
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry experience
- Experience with FACS data analysis programs (e.g., Flowjo)
- Familiarity with GraphPad Prism data analyses
- Experience with clinical database systems (e.g., BioFortis)
- Previous work with human samples
Provides guidance to subordinates and/or manages department section, to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors ad an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk, or hear in a standard office environment. In a lab setting, occasionally use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the subject line of your email, please enter the exact name of the position for which you’re applying.