Vice President, Clinical Affairs | Full Time Position
Reports to: President and CEO
M.D., Ph.D. or equivalent in oncology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or one of the biomedical areas.
At least 10 years experience in biomedical industry. Must have proven record of leading high quality scientists and technicians, interacting effectively with superiors, peers, and subordinates, completing development of FDA regulated products, establishing and successfully completing research collaborations with academic and industrial partners, authoring high quality scientific publications, obtaining funding from public or private sources, and designing and implementing an intellectual property strategy.
Skills & Abilities
- Develop and implement a clinical and R&D strategy supporting the goals of the company.
- People Skills: Ability to hire and manage groups of scientists, technical and support personnel. Negotiate contracts with potential industrial and academic partners. Interact productively with people at all levels inside the company.
- Organization, Planning and Execution: Organize R&D for optimal functioning.
- Develop and execute a clinical and R&D plan. Manage study projects, both GLP and non-GLP studies, and studies being conducted in-house, on an outside contract basis, and on a collaborative basis.
- Financial: Financial planning, budgeting, expense control and monitoring. Ability to access non-dilutive funding through public or private grants.
- Documentation and Presentations: Study protocols, reports, scientific publications, technical publications, technology brochures, etc. Write, evaluate or review such communications and ensure a high level of quality. Presentations to companies, at trade shows, and national and international scientific / medical meetings.
- Regulatory: Prior experience working with the FDA, and other regulated environments.
- Intellectual Property: Develop intellectual property policy. Suggest, initiate, write, review or evaluate patents, proprietary procedures, concepts, and other intellectual property matters. Provide information on intellectual property issues to other departments in the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the company’s clinical and R&D strategy.
- Interact productively with people at all levels internally and externally to establish R&D business objectives and milestones.
- Organize, hire and manage personnel and projects for optimal functioning.
- Assist in or initiate raising money through different forms of financing and partnering.
- Represent Company’s technology in public forums, publications, and technical presentations.
- Promote efficient, compliant, and effective documentation within the department.
- Represent R&D in developing the corporate budget as well as process controls.
- Promote communication within the department and represent R&D in executive level decision-making.
- Develop intellectual property policy, manage and communicate company patent issues to grow and protect company business.
Please send your CV/Resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Careers@OncoSec.com | Subject Line: Vice President, Clinical Affairs